Sunday, February 3, 2008

Choices are the hinges of the future - Pythagoras

I have impressed myself immeasurably by choosing the most perfect person on the planet to marry. Maybe this is a good time to mention that I am not generally know for clever choices ... my mood generally leads me more down the impulsive, eccentric, down right crazy path.

So having used all my cosmic karma in that one decision I am now reliant on him to make other clever observations. When Lymes started to catch up to me in a seriously debilitating manner he sat me down and advised me to use this time lying around to figure out whether I am on the right general flightpath.

Long ago I gave up travel writing for full time mom + doing two jobs + being a wife + being a family member etc. And lying around in bed made me finally admit that something was missing. The writing me.

Of course the writing me was in for a shock! A six year absence led to me getting to feel like a true artist.... I.e. I was receiving an average of 2 rejecttions a day. Such suffering ... it made me forget about the pain and confusion of my daily life which was nice for a change.

PASS THE CHOCOLATE!!

NOW though, things are happening ... and I am delighted at this unexpected gift (number two, first being the extra time I have with my kids!) that Lyme has given me!!! ... and yes I really must say that this made me stop and reassess.

I am so worried about sounding flippant - it isnt the intention... but it is a bit true that when things are at their worst it can only get a bit better... of course it is a bit quicker if you LOOK for it.

Now on the treatment front - I have been referred by an exLymie to a Dr Zhang in New York - he practices Modern Chinese Medicine... and he could get me all better....

.... another choice ... very scarey ... but then you never know we might be allright hey??

No comments: