Friday, January 25, 2008

The patient refused autopsy....


... good on her I say!!!


Have been running around funny Lyme sites to keep me focused. There is a lot of hilarious stuff out there ...Actually Lymes is any stand up comics ultimate waffle topping! As you have every pain and every ache and every neurological symptom ever connected to any other disease present in a variety of combinations in this one whopper - Carte Blanche is the way forward!


BUT even better than reading the stuff classified under joke is just going on any site that has anything to do with Lymes ... Now I know we are a certified bunch of neurological numbties... but occasionally a synapse still fires in sequence in my brain.


And although it is fascinating to read in one place that sugar is the seed of Satan I actually am not that far braindead to not see the contradiction when another page on the same site says that eating cottage cheese and maple syrup for 5 years is how to avoid getting cancer AND cure Lymes (o.k. that's using poetic licence just a touch ... but any of you having trawled through the oceans of advice dregs will know that where there is fish theres stink!)


I have been told to use juice fasts and to not have sugar at all... to drink salt/ the salt vitamin C cure is a con/ the water and salt cleanse is fantastic/ dont use salt your kidneys wont survive/ do excercise / dont move/ be positive/ go on anti-depressants/ try to sleep/ dont sleep if your not tired/ take antibiotics/ dont take antibiotics/ take them all the time/ only take them 7 days a month/ take lots of supplements/ dont take any supplements/ have as healthy a system as possible to fight the bacteria/make the environment as tough as possible for the bactiria to survive .... and my favourite deliberate mix-up:


coffee is completely forbidden + coffee enemas are great
= drinking a cup a day is a happy compromise!


In fact maybe that is a bit of a result right there.


Everyone thinks we are muppets - and lets face it we cannot blame them - but we really need to stick stubbornly to a bit of common sense if we want any sense left.


SO I say : Read a bit less about Lyme and a bit more about who you would want to be without Lymes'... for a lot of us it is seriously restrictive and we have less and less freedom in our practical daily lives but we all have a chance to roll over thoughts very carefully at the moment and I firmly believe seen from a different place some of this can be a happy process.
So I am taking my liberty and doing some wild and wacky things:I am now learning one Cantonese character a day (or a week).


Cantonese is a fairly obscure language which I like only because my gorgeous brother lives in Hong Kong - and you dont want to know how many years it will take me to learn it at the rate of one character a day... but guess what. I suffer from Lymes and cant do that much of much else and so ... I can make choices I did not even have 7 months ago. Seven months ago I could never justify something this frivolous....


Now - I'm learning Cantonese ... and I'm refusing internet-answer-autopsy for the rest of the week.


Common sense will do.


... and yes I do have a specific finger in mind in case you were wondering...
thankyou to http://www.sickfromatick.com/ for my image

No comments: