Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wakeup and dance to the cymbals.....


O.K. - much better now... following a morning of giving an Oscar winning Lyme patient performance I have had a night and a day of normal (yes allright for me!) behaviour.



I've been really cross at everyone telling me to buck up. Amazing how complex your interactions with people become when your sick ... I feel sorry for myself when friends dont visit ... but then I feel bad that I am not entertaining enough when they do. I feel awful when they dont ask how I am .... and I hate having to repeat the clever story about how I blacked out next to the sausage shelf in the shop, but it was fine as it gave a couple of amused Chinese guys the chance to read the Cantonese tatoo on my back. Sorry-for-myself sorry-for-myself ....



And then it hit me! Something cool about having this odious disease - it has redefined my relationship with my kids.



I never in a million years thought I would take to staying at home 24/7 and I am now adoring every moment. Trust me children are just the very best thing to have around when you are sick ... and I'm starting to think that they can be pretty handy the rest of the time too...



Think about it: When they ask you to do something and you cant (because for instance if you got up to jump in the pool with them you will most probably pass out and drown...) they just get mad at you. They dont pretend that everything is fine - cos its not bloody fine. So I never stress about them being good about things to try to make me feel better... Honesty simply rules.



They also dont ask about how sick I feel when they dont feel like talking about it - lets face it, it is also bloody boring being unwell. You just dont have to second guess children ... and even better - you get to worry about THEM ... which makes a nice break from being worried about yourself.



So all in all they give you the goods straight up and make sure you never take yourself too seriously!!!



Here's to making sure you still have someone around that you can learn from ... and not necessarily the hard stuff. Fun stuff will do....



.... and you might find this in the most unusual place ...



and best of all - its all a matter of perspective and if you can simply get to a good vantage point it is:



Possible TO DO today:

Take the most complicated relationship battle and broker a kick arse peace accord

No comments: